Sunday, June 22, 2014

c4T

"The Gift of Failure" by Shelley Wright talks about children being able to learn, unlearn, and relearn. "The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cant read and write, but those who cant learn, unlearn, and relearn." -Alvin Toffler. I think this is a post every educator should read. Our school system is failing because we have failed to change it despite the world around us changing. Schools are more focused on having exemplary test scores than they are on making sure their students have the skills necessary to succeed in life. I really couldn’t tell you anything I learned in grade school that helped me get through life. College either for that matter. Most of the things I know about life and success were self- taught, through trial and error. I think more educators should concentrate on teaching their students how to make their students’ dreams come true which would require them to teach them how to learn. Great post!

The Langwitches blog post that I commented on this week was about teaching students to be curators of information. It talks about how a blog should be a way to convey information and teach new things. My response was, "I am an EDM 310 student at The University of South Alabama and I can definitely say my professor, Dr. Strange, guides us into being curators of information through blogging. I have even learned things from my own blog and I think that is very important. It's great to be able to help others with the information you share, but it is even better to be able to help yourself."

I commented on the post "The Possibilities of Student Blogging" which discusses the learning experiences that blogging offers. Things like connecting to the world, global awareness, and communication skills were discussed. My response was, "I love finally hearing about how students feel about blogging from their point of view! I always read and hear about how good blogging is for students from educators. It really makes me an advocate to know that the students are doing something they enjoy while also learning and interacting with the world."

2 comments:

  1. Which C4T is this? You need to number these in your title. For instance, is this C4Tp #1 or C4Ta #2, etc?

    ReplyDelete