Sunday, March 16, 2014

Blog Post #8

The learning tool that I found that I am interested in using with my future classes is Padlet. It is an online "wall" that allows students to instantly collaborate with their teachers and classmates. It's basically a way to make all assignments digital. Students can decorate their walls, embed videos, and post links. It makes every assignment fun. On their website they have an example of the teacher asking students to put the word "inspire" in a sentence. Each student then commented with a sentence and added their name to it. It's a fun way for students to collaborate with their classmates and also it makes grading and evaluating students so much easier for teachers. Padlet can also be accessed on any smart device including phones and tablets as well as laptops and PCs.
Mrs. Reuter, a teacher whose blog I was assigned to comment on, uses Padlet as an exit tool for her students. Before they leave each day they have to post what they learned, what they enjoyed, and what they didn't understand in class that day. It gives her a better understanding of what she needs to address the following class. I think that is a great idea to have an exit assignment. When I was in school we always had a "bell ringer" which was a warm up assignment for when we first came to class, but I never had a teacher use an exit assignment to assess our knowledge on a daily basis

4 comments:

  1. I really felt that this was a great post Melanie. The tool Padlet is very resourceful for the kids and teachers. I found it intriguing that the teacher made students do exit assignments with the online tool. I can infer that the tool Padlet, is better then a bell ringer warm up. I also found it interesting that the kids can access Padlet at anytime because it is online based and digital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Mrs. Reuter, a teacher whose blog I was assigned to comment on, uses Padlet as an exit tool for her students. Before they leave each day they have to post what they learned, what they enjoyed, and what they didn't understand in class that day. It gives her a better understanding of what she needs to address the following class." This is a great idea to use in the classroom. It is also really neat that you are connecting what you see your C4T teachers using with things that you can do in your future classroom.

    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how Padlet can be used with not only laptops but also phones and tablets. School that do not have a 1:1 student:computer ratio need apps that can be used on any type of device so that students can use whatever device they own in the classroom. This was a great post and a great idea. Thank you for sharing.

    Anastasia Martin EDM 510 Blog

    EDM 510 Class Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of this "Padlet" I just went and looked it up and seen some very neat ways teachers are using it in their classroom. Good find! I like that you actually got the idea from a fellow teacher from an assigned C4T.

    ReplyDelete