Sunday, January 19, 2014

What About EDM 310?

What do it think about EDM310?
Honestly, the first email I received kind of overwhelmed me. It gave me the impression that this class would be very time consuming and a very difficult class for a procrastinator like myself, although I am trying to get better about that. But my goal this semester is to make all A's, so I am more than willing to put in the effort. I know I have a lot of work to do when it comes to my time management skills though. Also, I am looking foward to learning more about technology in the classroom.

Compared to other classes I've taken, EDM310 seems like it may be one of my more difficult classes and also other than my computer programming class it is the only class I've taken in college that dealt with technology. That is my favorite part of the class because everything is becoming more and technologically advanced and I want to be able to keep up with the trend.

My biggest fear about this class is falling behind because of my procrastination and managing my time to be able to study 9 hours a week with all the other things I have going on in my life. But I have set up some things so that I will have more free time to devote to all of my classes such as putting my kids in daycare and buying a planner.

3 comments:

  1. Plan. Do things ahead. You appear to know what you must address in your way of working!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Ben Mayfield and like you i also had a predisposed fear of what EDM310 would be like. I heard that it was very time consuming and you had to keep up or it was extremely hard to catch up. The only other classes that i have taken at the University that dealt with online learning where my blended courses that utilized programs such as; My History Lab and My Math Lab. you are correct everything is moving towards technology and not away from it. I also have a fear of falling behind. It seems like you already have a good plan and a great attitude to execute your plan for being successful in class. Best of luck to you in your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EDM 310 will help you with your procrastination! Put forth your best effort and you will do great..

    My best advice to give is to plan ahead and do not, do not, do NOT wait until last minute to do the assignments.

    If you ever need any help at all, call the help line, email any of the lab assistants or Dr. Strange, and utilize the laboratory! We're here to help you succeed!

    Take it from a procrastinator like myself who made an A in the class! :)

    ReplyDelete