Friday, February 14, 2014

Blog Post #5

What Did You Learn From These Conversations With Anthony Capps?

My understanding of project-based learning is much more clear now. When I hear project, I automatically think project boards and arts and crafts, but Mr. Capps showed me that there are many different types of projects, like the one he did with his students where they wrote a letter to the congressman explaining why women should or shouldn't be put in combat. I like his way of teaching and it makes me rethink what method of teaching i want to use. Project-based learning is growing on me. Also, I love how Professor Strange pointed out that being a teacher is not just about teaching. It's about learning as well and that is what makes this profession so enjoyable.
Another thing I learned from watching these videos is that you don't have to be an expert in technology in order to incorporate it in your classroom. It's a learning process for the student as well as the teacher. And although I am not a big supporter of so much technology in the classroom, I now understand that it is necessary and there are ways you can use it to make your job easier, such as letting the students record what they learned or a summary of a story using iMovie. It's fun for the student and great teaching tool.
project based learning in a nut shell

2 comments:

  1. I really like your points that you stated in your blog. There is so much more to teaching than what people think. Anybody can get up in front of a classroom and explain how to do things but it takes a person who is passionate about teaching to help kids learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Project-based learning is growing on me." Awesome!

    " I now understand that it is necessary and there are ways you can use it to make your job easier" Technology may not make your job easier, but it will allow you to better equip students in education.

    ReplyDelete